The results are in for the #PotomacBeadChallenge 2017. As with each year, making decisions is a daunting task... especially with so many fantastic designs submitted. There were also almost twice as many submissions this year as in 2016.
We use an algorithm based upon the ranked choices of over 10 different designers to determine final rankings. Each design also used the 4 key decision making factors when making decisions:
--> 25% Creativity and originality
--> 25% Artistic composition & quality (use of colors & neatness)
--> 25% The percent (of the project) that uses exclusive Potomac products
--> 25% Overall impression (effect of the design as a whole)
With so many fantastic submissions, we may at some point in the future choose to use other submissions also as tutorials for Potomac Bead Company's YouTube channel. If we do, the designer will be listed, linked (if desired) and will also receive a $25 gift certificate for the use of that design.
So, here are your 2017 winners!
#1 - Tracy Whitfield - AVA Allure Pendant
#2 - Carolyn Cave - Floral Garland Necklace
#3 - Susan Lifton Sassoon - AVA Disc Necklace
#4 - Marissa Vallejo - Maria Cruz Bracelet
#5 - Lisa Dooley - AVA's Planet Necklace/beaded beads
#6 - Linda Skander - Dragon's Breath Bracelet
#7 - Sharon Jacobsen Weiss - DiscDuo Pendant (need name)
#8 - Rita Ritskes - Madame Butterfly Bracelet
#9 - Becca Scott - Roundure Bracelet
#10 - Phyllis Brunson-Sutton - Crystals & Curves
#11 - Eva Rushton - On the Edge
#12 - Anna Bawden - Firestorm Necklace
#13 - Isabel Medrano - Tranquility Bracelet
#14 - Donna Page - AVA Choker
#15 - Becky Pancake - Bead Embroidered Cuff (Need name)
Thanks so much for everyone participating. In June/July once tutorials are completed for the winners, we will likely be adding more tutorials based on some of the other awesome designs you have submitted!
Welcome to the 2017 jewelry design challenge from Potomac Bead Company. This challenge helps you to enhance your creativity for original design AND provides fabulous prizes for 12 different contestant.
Winners will be chosen partially based upon social media posts/likes/shares/responses, and partially by a team of designers and Potomac Bead Company staff:
1st Prize: $250 Potomac Bead Company gift card
2nd Prize: $175 Potomac Bead Company gift card
3rd Prize: $100 Potomac Bead Company gift card
4th Prize: $75 Potomac Bead Company gift card
5th Prize: $50 Potomac Bead Company gift card
6th-12th Prizes: $25 Potomac Bead Company gift cards
How to Enter
There are a variety of ways that you can enter this contest. When you enter, be sure to mention your name, and which exclusive Potomac Bead Company products you used in the design. Enter by:
- Upload a photo using the gallery below
- Tag a photo on Instagram with hashtag #PotomacBeadChallenge2017
- Post your submission in the comments section of the Potomac Bead Challenge 2017 Facebook post.
- In addition to one of the following, you may also want to tag a photo on Potomac Bead Company's Facebook group, using hashtag #PotomacBeadChallenge2017
- Each participant can submit a maximum of 3 designs.
- Each design must be a 100% original, created by the participant and no one else
- Each design must prominently use Potomac Bead Company products to be eligible. These can included RounDuo®, DiscDuo®, RounTrio®, Faceted RounTrio®, AVA® Beads, Cup Buttons, Potomac Crystal Rondelles (either size), Potomac Crystal Round 4mm, Potomac Crystal Rivoli, & Potomac Crystal Buttons.
- The following criteria will be used when picking winners (in addition to social media responses/votes)
- 25% Creativity and originality
- 25% Artistic composition & quality (use of colors & neatness)
- 25% The percent (of the project) that uses exclusive Potomac products
- 25% Overall impression (effect of the design as a whole)
- Potomac Bead Company may choose to remove a photo from the competition at any time at its own discretion
- You must be at least 18 years or older to enter
- The Potomac Bead Company gift cards are good for one year from the date of issue.
- Contest opens for submission March 30th 2017, and closes for submission April 30th 2017.
- All decision by Potomac Bead Company and designer assistants are final.
- Participants agree that any of their designs submitted to the contest can be selected to be used in Potomac Bead Company YouTube videos. Any pattern chosen from the contest to be featured on Potomac Bead Company's YouTube page will also feature the name of the original artist and links back to them (if desired). No PDF patterns will be created.
- Any submitted designs must have been created and made March 30th or after. Any designs created before this contest began are ineligible.
Thanks for playing, and being creative!
#1 - Eva Rushton
Molecules Necklace/Bracelet set
RounDuo, RounTrio, DiscDuo, Potomac Crystal 3x4mm rondelles, Potomac Crystal faceted buttons, Czech daggers, 11/0 seed beads, 15/0 seed beads
#2 - Marissa Vallejo
RounDuo Daisey Bracelet
RounDuo, SuperDuo, 4mm bicones, 11/0 seed beads, 8/0 seed beads, cup button
#3 - Kathy Hobbs Stones
Potomac Crystal Rivoli 14mm, Potomac Crystal Rondelles 3x4mm, DIscDuo, RounDuo, RounTrio, Crescent beads, 11/0 seed beads, 15/0 seed beads
#4 - Tracy Whitfield
DiscDuo, O beads, 2-hole bar, 11/0 seed beads, 8/0 seed beads, cup button
#5 - Linda Skander
RounDuo, DiscDuo, Potomac Crystal Rondelles, 11/0 seed beads, 15/0 seed beads, cup button, crescents.
#6 - Theresa Savo
Midnight Sun Bracelet
RounDuo, DIamonDuo, Fire Polished round, Rose Montee, O beads, Crescent, 11/0 seed beads
#7 - Susan Sassoon
Faceted RounTrio, Crescent, 11/0 seed beads, crystal briolette
#8 - Bridget Cook
Discs n' Diamonds
DiscDuo, cup button, 11/0 seed beads, 2x3mm rondelles
#9 - Phyllis Brunson Sutton
Hidden Rainbow Necklace
RounTrio, POtomac Crystal 3x4mm rondelles, 2x3mm rondelles, One beads, 14x8mm crystal tear drops, 8/0 seed beads, 11/0 seed beads, 15/0 seed beads
#10 - Erika Lopez
DiscDuo, 11/0 seed beads, 15/0 seed beads, 4mm bicones, 3mm bicones, cup button
#11 - Rene Wilson
RounDuo, DiscDuo, MIniDuo, 11/0 seed beads, 8/0 seed beads
#12 - Johanna Christina Lilja
Flowers & Pebbles
RounDuo, DiscDuo, SuperDuo, 11/0 seed beads, 15/0 seed beads, cup button
*Note, Rene Wilson has an almost identical necklace design from March called "Sedna Blossoms"
#13 - Becca Scott
DiscDuo, Potomac Crystal Rondelles, Pinch beads, O beads, SuperDuo, 11/0 seed beads, 15/0 seed beads, Cup Button
#14 - Lisa Dooley
Potomac Crystal rivoli, potomac crystal rondelles 3x4mm, DiscDuo, Cup Button, 11/0 seed beads, 11/0 delicas, 15/0 seed beads
You can browse all of the entries (or see larger images of the winners) by searching the "Beading and Jewelry Making" facebook group for the hashtag #PotomacBeadChallenge2016
Thanks again to all who participated!